You can check out our full event calendar HERE, but the list below are our Top 10 picks for events and activity ideas happening in and around Frederick County this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid Frederick!
Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events prior to attending.
Top 10 of the Week
September 26th - October 2nd
- Critter Camp at Middle Ridge Animal Animal Rescue, Inc. - Schools out, so come spend the day with the critters at Middle Ridge Animal Rescue, Inc.! Meet awesome rescue critters, make cool crafts, play fun games, learn about critters and so much more. Join us for the morning session, or afternoon session, or stay all day and have lunch with us. 9:00-12:00, 12:30-3:30, and full day option available.
- Monday Mom Group at Rose Hill Manor Park and Museum - Enjoy the company of other moms (or dads) while you and your kids explore the park and museums. Bring a stroller or carrier as we take a walk through the property enjoying the fresh air and beautiful scenery. Pack a lunch to enjoy at our picnic tables while the kids play with some of our outdoor games.
- It Takes a Village at Walkersville Branch Library Discovery Meadow - Join us for a caregiver-led discussion and playgroup for tips and tricks to help navigate raising little ones.
- Homeschool History at Rose Hill Manor Park and Museum - Throughout the fall, each Homeschool History class will focus on an important discovery or invention and how it has impacted history over time.
- Kids Eat Free at Brewer’s Alley - Join us each Wednesday and bring the Kiddo's! One free kid's meal per paying adult (sandwich or entree).
- Downtown Thursday Farmers Market - NEW LOCATION! Visit the Downtown Thursday Farmers Market at 331 N Market St. Every Thursday from 3:30-6:30pm, June 2 – September 29.
- Movie in the Park at Wetherburne Park - Hocus Pocus - Movie in the Park at Wetherburne Park!
- Free Art Workshop for Kids with Delaplaine Art Center - The Delaplaine offers free workshops that explore various artists and art techniques throughout history. These workshops are a part of our Community Outreach Initiative and are made possible through donations from the Helen L. Smith Scholarship Fund for Children and the Arts at the Community Foundation of Frederick County. Helen Smith Free Workshops for Kids are held on most first Saturdays, 1–3 pm.
- Light the Night Western Maryland at NYMEO Field - The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)'s Light The Night Walk funds treatments that are saving the lives of patients today. Friends, families and coworkers are encouraged to form teams to raise money in support of our mission. In October, the walks are a celebration of all the fundraising and a time to honor and remember those touched by cancer. Registration is free, but walkers are encouraged to raise funds to support the mission.
- Fallfest at Valley View Acres - We are so excited to be hosting our Annual Fall Fest! We will have all the yard games, food, face painting, kids' activity, play area, and vendors! Our fields will have pumpkins, sunflowers, zinnias, and cosmos! We will also have potted mums, corn shocks, and straw bales for all your decorating needs! Bring the family to enjoy a day on the farm, and take in the beautiful views while you enjoy some hot cider!