All of last year I watched via Facebook one of my friends constantly posting about her amazing workouts at her local Burn Boot Camp. She talked about how much fun it was, how great the women she worked out with were, and how those workouts were helping her to become stronger in all areas of her life. I remember watching with envy (and truthfully some annoyance with a twinge of jealousy mixed in) and thinking to myself that I wished a place like that existed in Frederick. I was over my lonely basement workouts.
I started out 2022 in a funk. For a million reasons, life was stressful and the fun was gone. It was not a good place to be and I knew it was time to make some steps towards a change in many aspects of my life. When I found out Burn Boot Camp was coming to Frederick I knew I needed to check it out. Seven months in and I’m hooked. I could tell you all about the millions of reasons why you’ll love Burn, but what I’d really like to share is what Burn has done to bring me to a much better place.
- Busting out of low moments. I’d head to the gym when I just needed an emotional break from everything. Was it hard to get the motivation to go some days? You bet. Did my brain need the 45 minutes of planned Burn workouts to have a chance to just stop the hamster wheel of thoughts from running? You bet.
- Achievement without stress. Sure there’s things we achieve in our careers and as moms, but what have you achieved just for the fun of it? The feeling of accomplishment I have after pushing through every workout has me feeling like I can take on the world.
- Realizing I’m not alone. Loneliness doesn’t live at Burn. There’s always someone ready to be your workout partner or simply chat. Frederick Burn Boot Camp owners Teresa and Krystal know each and every single person who enters their gym doors. I regularly attend the same class time each day and so look forward to laughing and working out with everyone there regularly.
- Forty-five minutes of no responsibility. It feels so good to show up at Burn and know I’m not responsible for planning or setting up anything. When I started at Burn I was so worn out of from taking care of everything and everyone. The trainers at Burn handle every element of your 45 minute group workout.
- Breaking through my workout plateau. I had been doing the same things for years. I was in need of some variety. Simply having a different workout everyday keeps my body constantly adapting. My body is the strongest it has ever been and I can see the definition in my muscles. My core is tighter, my mind is happier and I’m excited to workout everyday.
Come join me! It’s intimidating to walk through doors on your own, but I promise you won’t regret it at Burn Boot Camp of Frederick. To learn more and check out a week of classes for free, click here. One of my favorite sayings on the wall at the gym is ‘If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.’ Thank you Burn for challenging and changing me for the better this year!
I was provided with compensation for this article. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.