Frederick County is home to some of the best small businesses around. We know that many of these businesses have been struggling due to recent current events. We at Frederick Macaroni Kid want to show our appreciation for these small businesses since we truly believe that they enrich our community. Each week, we will highlight 5 local businesses that have products and services they are still able to offer the community during this time. Click on the businesses below to learn more about them.
- Clay Oven - In the mood for some fresh and delicious Indian food, made only from the finest ingredients? Clay Oven in Frederick offers delicious dining, takeout, and delivery. They have been recognized for their excellent service and friendly wait staff. Stop in today and savor the spices!
- Lazy Fish - Or maybe you are craving fresh sushi instead? If so, Lazy Fish will be right up your alley. They are currently open for dine-in and carry-out. As their website states, Lazy Fish offers the perfect combination of delicious food, excellent service, and outstanding value to their patrons. The menu features a culinary treat of Asian fusion cuisine and their speciality, sushi.
- Alicia L Boutique - Alicia L Boutique is a distinguished clothing boutique in downtown Frederick, Maryland offering classic women's apparel with an edge. They offer brands such as Suzi Chin, Joseph Ribkoff, Muse, Donna Morgan, Joules, Tribal, vfish, Three Dots, Hunter Boots, Comfy, Paige Denim, Janska, and many more. You can shop their inventory in store or online. They currently offer a great selection of cotton face masks to add to your collection!
- Chartreuse & Co - If you are looking for a unique shopping experience, head to Chartreuse & Co in Frederick. The business began as occasional tag sales centered around the cottage on the owner’s property. These events were so popular that they converted their 3 large barns into Chartreuse & Co and were joined by an amazing group of creative, inspiring, thoroughly entertaining, and astonishingly unique dealers. You can shop in person or online! You might find the perfect gift you or someone else right inside the barn doors.
- Earthly Elements - Earthly Elements strives to be an old style Rock Shop carrying a large variety of mineral specimens, crystals, gemstones, fossils, metaphysical stones, as well as unique gifts. While they won’t have a spot at the Renaissance Festival this year due to its cancellation, you can always check them out in downtown Frederick at their local store! This could be the perfect time for you and/or your child to start a new hobby.