Frederick County is home to some of the best small businesses around. We know that many of these businesses have been struggling due to recent current events. We at Frederick Macaroni Kid want to show our appreciation for these small businesses since we truly believe that they enrich our community. Each week, we will highlight 5 local businesses that have products and services they are still able to offer the community during this time. Click on the businesses below to learn more about them.
- White Rabbit Gastropub - The White Rabbit Gastropub in Downtown Frederick is a favorite for local craft beer and food lovers. It is the first and only craft beer house & gastropub in the area featuring 40 rotating taps of beer, cider and wine, also fine spirits and craft cocktails. Dine on locally sourced steak frites and other fine pub fare in the comfort of a speakeasy location with the ambiance of a 7th generation hatter's estate. Bask in the warm glow of their small batch whiskey bar parlor or dine with brother elk in the first level lodge.
- Curious Iguana - The Curious Iguana is now open for curbside pick-up and in-store shopping! The Curious Iguana is an independent bookstore in downtown Frederick, MD. It is a popular literary hub for locals and tourists alike. Their globally diverse collection and vibrant events calendar reflect the Iguana’s mission of “Get To Know Your World.” Their welcoming and knowledgeable team of booksellers makes browsing at the Iguana a unique and pleasant experience.
- Relish Decor - If you are looking for a change in your home environment or a great gift for a friend, head to Relish Decor. Relish Decor is a lifestyle boutique known for a stylish selection of tabletop housewares, kitchen furnishings, and unique gifts. Getting married soon and looking for a place to register? You can do that in-store at Relish Decor!
- The Buzz Cafe - In the mood for some delicious scones or other sweet treats? The Buzz Cafe is a hometown bakery cafe located in Monrovia. They prepare everything in house from scratch. No mixes, preservatives, or pretentiousness!
- The Bicycle Escape - Whether you are a casual biker or an off-road biking enthusiast, The Bicycle Escape can help find the perfect bike for you. The store also has bike rentals and accessories and they also service bicycles as well. Looking to find fellow cyclers in the area? Check out their events page for some local group ride times and locations.